HATCHET--PREREADING
Before reading Hatchet, write 4-8 sentences about what you think might happen in the book.
Consider:
* What could the title mean?
* The author is Gary Paulsen; are you familiar with him?
* Read the back of the book. Does it give you any clues about what might happen?
Remember to write in complete sentences, using appropriate grammar and spelling.
16 Comments:
I think this book is going to be about a boy who thinks he accidently swallow a key but really swallow something the size of it. He might run around and think he has swallow a key. He might be scared to tell anyone because if he tells someone they might try to bring him to the hospital. Even though he isn't in danger he might get in deep danger thinking he did and someone might show him the key he swallow and he might have to tell everyone that he never did and people might think its a lie and he try to scare them.
i think in the book joey has problems with his school. He needs help with issuses Hes going to get tranfer from school. I think that this book will be funny.
i think that this book will be about a by nameed brian becaused i read the back of the book. It sayz that his mother gave him a hatchet. I think that he is really depressed becaused his parnts got divorce. He's all alone now and he has to try to surviv on his own.
oh yea i for got to say that the hatchet that he got is reallie called a ax or something like that.
I think the book Hatchet looks boreing. It looks like it is about a boy named Brian who parents divorce. When he is traveling to go see his dad the plane that he is in crashes.He survives the crash and is all alone. His mom gave him a hatchet and that is the only thing that he has.He carries around secrets about his parents divorce and he tells no one he keeps everything bottled up inside. He has to use every ounce of courage he has to survive
i think this book is going to be real good,with great suspense.i think that there will drama (which i love)and i hope that something bad happens because that always makes a book better,more exciting,and more suspenseful.i'm excited about reading this book and i think it'll be great.
bye
- music queen
i think this book will end up being about the 14 yr old boy using his hachet to help him survive. i think that because in the blurb it says all he has is clothes and the hachet his mother gave him.also the book is called hachet so it gives me an idea that this hachet is a huge part of the book.
continued...
I think this book will be kind of good but not all that good because it sounds dumb but you cannot judge a book by its cover.I am looking forward to reading this book.
Oso said
Ithink that this book is about a boy that is going to visit his father but, it crashes and he has to live in the wild and he is going to be like the kid in My side of the mountian. He also has to let he secrets go to survive in the wild
I think that the book will be about a boy who is in the woods or forest. I also think that the boy is lost in the middle of nowhere. The boy is probably going to have to try and survive in the woods by himself. I think that this book is going to be an exciting book to read. On the cover there is a wolf,hatchet, and the boy who I think is the main character in this book.The back round has trees that look like either it can be woods or a forest. I am really excited to read this book.
Mr.conukus said
I think that this book is about a kid that killed a wolf and now the wolf has come back to haunt him or just give him a message that what he did was very wrong and that he shouldn't do it again the. The front cover has a young boy that has a wolf howling in the corner and there is an axe right in the middle of the cover
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I think this book is about a boy named Brian, who is traveling across the state to go visit his father and the airplane he is on gets crashed because of a bad engine. The only thing that may keep him alive is his hatchet is given to him by his mother.he may use this as a survival tool and this may help him alot. But his parents divorce and every other problem he is facing may tear him apart.I also think that Brian is going to have to face alot and he has to keep his pride up and to be brave because he is going to go through alot especially because he has no one with him and his mother is probably at home.By the cover the book doesn't look very interesting but by reading the back of this book may actually turn out to be a good book and it might be really detailed.By the title of this book I think the hatchet is going to be very important and he might get back home so he'll have to use the hatchet as a memory of his mother or this object may help him to get a connection with his father or find his father some way.I also think that Brian is going to set aside all his problems to get through this!Brian is gooing to need alot of dterminaton and courage to find a way to end his all his problems and when he does he might be happy and be able to stay with his father for awhile.
I think this book is about a kid who is alone. He wakes up with a hatchet. Then he tries really hard to survive. then more troubles come when he saw a wolf.
I think this book is about a boy trying to find a life of his own and not be a little wuss. And he's getting beat up in school. And I guess that his mother died. Gary Paulsen I do not know and I never even heard of him. The back of the book gives me an idea of what the book is about. It's about a boy{Brian Robenson} who is strannded on an island.
i think that hacthet will be a really good book. jus by reading the first page.
Post a Comment
<< Home